Information Collected through the Service.
- Information You Directly and Voluntarily Provide to Us. If you are a visitor to the Service, we may collect information that you provide to us when you communicate with any of our departments such as customer service or technical services. You may also choose to provide your email address to us if you would like to receive additional information about the Service and the products and services that Flatch App offers. If you sign up to become a registered member of the Service, you will be required to provide certain personal information as part of the registration process including the information included as part of your Facebook public profile, your email address, your date of birth, your interests & activities and information about the room, house, apartment, or condominium (each room, and house, apartment or condominium constituting the “Accommodation”) that you are listing or seeking through the Service. As a registered member of the Service, you may also create a user profile and provide additional information about yourself; this information may include your gender, state of residence, occupation, interests and others. Providing additional information beyond what is required at registration is entirely optional but enables our members to better identify each other and more effectively connect and interact with the member network.
- Information Automatically Collected Through the Service. We may automatically collect information about you when you use the Service. For example, if you access the Service through a computer, we will automatically collect information such as your browser type and version, computer and connection information, IP address and standard web log information. If you access the Service through a mobile device, we may also be able to identify the location of your mobile device. You may choose not to share your location details with us by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
We may automatically collect information from you when you use the Service using “cookies”. Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored within your computer’s Internet browser and that are accessed and recorded by the websites that you visit so that they can recognize the same browser navigating online at a later time.
Information that may be collected by cookies when you use the Service may include, without limitation:
- the pages you visit within the Service;
- the date and time of your visit to the Service;
- the amount of time you spend using the Service;
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; and/or
- your computer and connection information such as your browser type and version, operating system and platform.
Flatch App does not have access to or control over web beacons or cookies that third party websites may use. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these third-party websites. You are encouraged to review the privacy policies of the different websites you visit. In addition, some third-party advertising companies may provide a mechanism to opt-out of their technology.
Do Not Track. Your browser may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that “do not track” requests are sent to the websites that you visit. However, Flatch App will not disable tracking technology that may be active on the Service in response to any “do not track” requests that we receive from your browser.
- Information You Share on Third Party Websites or through Social Media Services. The Service may include links to third party websites and social media services where you will be able to post comments, reviews or other information. Your use of these third party websites and social media services may result in the collection or sharing of information about you by these third party websites and social media services. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the third party websites and social media services with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those third party websites and social media services.
- Information You Provide to Flatch App about Other People. You may provide us with information about your friends and contacts when you use the Service. For example, you may provide us with a friend or contact’s email if you want to invite that friend or contact to use or visit the Service, or when you request that we send your friend or contact an email link to the Service. In this circumstance, we will collect the recipient’s email address from you. However, we will only use the email address you provide for you friend or contact for the limited purpose of sending the applicable invitation, link or other communication to your friend or contact.
- Information You Post on the Service. If you post information on public areas of the Service, or post listings for Accommodations on the Service, that information may be collected and used by Flatch App, other users of the Service, and the public generally. We strongly recommend that you do not post any information through the Service that you do not want to share publicly or that allows strangers to identify or locate you. Flatch App reserves the right to remove any information you post on the Service that Flatch App suspects or determines violates applicable law.
- Payment Processors. All payments made through the Service are processed by our third party providers. All information collected by these third party providers for purposes of processing your payments is not available to us, unless you have otherwise provided this information to us in connection with your use of the Service. We will require our third party payment processors to use the payment information you submit through the Service solely for purposes of processing payments on our behalf.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we gather through the Service to help us better understand how the Service and our products and services are being used. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, we are able to better design the Service and our products and services to improve your experience. We may also use this information to contact and communicate with you and to respond to your communications and requests. If you are a registered member, we may email you about products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. If you wish to opt-out of receiving these marketing emails from us, please follow the instructions contained in each email you receive from us which will allow you to opt-out of receiving further email marketing communications from us.
How We Share Your Information with Third Parties.
We do not provide user information we collect through the Service to any third parties for their own marketing purposes. In the event Flatch App wants to provide your information to third parties for their own marketing purposes in the future, we will notify you and you will have an opportunity to affirmatively opt-in to receiving these third party marketing communications. Flatch App does share your information with third parties in some circumstances as follows:
- Employees, Third-Party Processors and Third-Party Service Providers. We will disclose your information to our employees, contractors, affiliates, distributors, dealers, vendors and suppliers (“Service Providers”) who provide certain services to us or on our behalf, such as operating and supporting the Service, analyzing data, or performing marketing or consulting services. These Service Providers will only have access to the information needed to perform these limited functions on our behalf.
- Other Members of the Service. If you are a registered member of the Service, the information you provide as part of your member profile, including your first name, photo, age, gender, city, state and occupation, will be accessible to and viewable by both unregistered users of the Service and registered members of the Service. All other information you provide as part of your profile will only be accessible to and viewable by registered members of the Service. We note that, if you have a paid subscription to use the Service, your payment information, subscription information and private mailbox will never be accessible or viewable by any other users or members of the Service.
- Third Party Networks. If you post a listing for an Accommodation through the Service, this listing information may be shared through third party websites that we have relationships with. For example, if you post a listing for an Accommodation on the Service, the listing for that Accommodation may also appear on third party websites, such as trulia.com or zillow.com, that feature rental or leasing opportunities. By listing an Accommodation on the Service, you are consenting to have the listing for that Accommodation appear on these third party websites.
- Response to Subpoenas or Court Orders or to Protect Rights and to Comply with Our Policies. To the extent permitted by law, we will disclose your information to government authorities or third parties if: (i) required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order; (ii) we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, to protect the property or other rights of us or other users, third parties or the public at large; or (iii) we believe that you have abused the Service by using it to attack other systems or to gain unauthorized access to any other system, to engage in spamming or otherwise to violate applicable laws. You should be aware that, following disclosure to any third party, your information may be accessible by others to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
- Aggregate Information. We may share information relating to users of the Service with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties on an anonymous, aggregate basis. While this information will not identify you personally, in some instances these third parties may be able to combine this aggregate information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from third parties, in a manner that allows them to identify you personally.
Children Under Age 13
The Service is not intended for children under age 13, or for anyone under age 18 or the applicable age of majority without involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect or distribute personal information from or about children under the age of 13.
We implement reasonable security measures intended to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, Flatch App cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Service and you do so at your own risk. If you wish to report a security vulnerability please send an email to [email protected].
Use of Information Outside Your Country of Residence
Accessing, Changing and Managing Your Information
If you are a registered member of the Service, you may make changes to the information you have provided in connection with your account by logging in to your account and changing the applicable information through the “Edit Profile” option. If you are a registered member of the Service and you want to terminate your member account, you can log in to your account, select the “Account Settings” option and then select the “Delete Account” option.
Deletion of User Data
We will process your request within a reasonable timeframe (normally 24 hours) and delete your data from our systems.
Please note that in some cases, we may be required by law to retain certain data for a specified period of time. In such cases, we will comply with the law and retain the necessary data for the required period.
How to Contact Us